What is covered in Medicare insurance?
Medicare insurance plays an important role. If you need these insurance plans we at PRS Insurance can help. Along with Medicare coverage, we also offer disability insurance plans. You can either choose Medicare or a combination of both private health insurance and Medicare. The areas that we serve include the different parts of Addison, Dallas, Denton, Fort Worth, Houston and Richardson.
By investing in a Medicare plan you can benefit in the following ways,
- Consultation fees for physicians, including specialists
- Examinations and tests by physicians required to treat illnesses like pathology tests, x-rays
- Eye tests done by optometrists
- Different forms of surgical and therapeutic methods performed by doctors
- Specific procedures conducted by approval dentists
- Definite items under Palate and Cleft Lip scheme
- Definite items under EPC (Enhanced Primary Care) program
- Definite items for an allied health service as Chronic Disease Management Plan’s part
What Medicare will not cover?
Medicare plan will not cover the following,
- Private patient hospital expenditure such as accommodation or theatre fees
- Hospital and medical costs incurred overseas
- Hospital and medical services that are not necessary clinically or surgery exclusively for cosmetic reasons
- Different forms of ambulance services
The Medicare system comprises of 3 parts, namely pharmaceutical, medical and hospital. With our Medicare plan you can undergo medical treatment in public hospitals like a public patient via a physician appointed via the hospital at no charge. In fact, despite being privately insured you can select in being treated like a public patient. If you consult a physician outside a hospital, our Medicare plans will help in reimbursing 100% of the MBS (Medicare Benefits Schedule) fee in case of general practitioners while in case of a specialist it will be 85% of the Medicare Benefits Schedule. Above all, if your doctor directly bills Medicare you will not require paying anything.